Did you know that organizations — whether they are members of the Eclipse Foundation or not — can be listed as Eclipse technology adopters?
In November 2019, The Eclipse IoT working group launched a campaign to promote adopters of Eclipse IoT technologies. Since then, more than 60 organizations have shown their support to various Eclipse IoT projects.
With that success in mind, we decided to build a new API service responsible for managing adopters for all our projects.
If needed, this new service will allow us to create an Adopters page for each of our working groups. This is something that we are currently working on for Eclipse Cloud Development Tools. Organizations that wishes to be listed on this new page can submit their request today by following our instructions.
As an example, you can check out the Eclipse Ditto website.
What Is Changing?
We are migrating logos and related metadata to a new repository. This means that adopters of Eclipse IoT technologies will be asked to submit their request to this new repository. This change is expected to occur on December 10, 2020.
We plan on updating our documentation to point new users to this new repository. If an issue is created in the wrong repository, we will simply move them to the right location.
The process is very similar with this new repository but we did make some improvements:
- The path where we store logos is changing
- The file format is changing from .yml to .json to reduce user errors.
- The structure of the file was modified to make it easier for an organization to adopt multiple projects.
Please create an issue if you have any questions or concerns regarding this migreation.
How Can My Organization be Listed as Adoptor of Eclipse Technology?
The preferred way to become an adopter is with a pull-request:
- Add a colored and a white organization logo to static/assets/images/adoptors. We expect logos to be submitted as .svg and they must be transparent. The file size should be less than 20kb since we are planning to use them for the web!
- Update the adopter JSON file: config/adopters.json. Organizations can be easily marked as having multiple adopted projects across different working groups, no need to create separate entries for different projects or working groups!
The alternative way to become an adopter is to submit an issue with your logo and the project name that your organization has adopted.
How Can We List Adopters on Our Project Website?
Include our plugin in your page:
Load the plugin:
Create an HTML element containing the chosen selector:
- By default, the selector’s value is
|Required: Select adopters from a specific project ID.
|Define the selector that the plugin will insert adopters into.
|Define classes that will be assigned to the ul element.
|Whether or not we use the white version of the logo.
For more information, please refer our README.md.
A huge thank you to Martin Lowe for all his contributions to this project! His hard work and dedication was crucial for getting this project done on time!